winter white {guest post}


(Kristie Shevin (owner) and Elizabeth Eberly (lead designer) of Delilah's Flowers of Denver blog -- photo by Paige Eden)
I am so excited about this post! It showcases one of my longest and best friend's thoughts and talents. She is the brilliant lead floral designer for Delilah's of Denver and I hope you are all as inspired as I am from her words and work. Introducing miss L.T.B. aka Elizabeth Eberly. Enjoy!

" This wedding was held up in Keystone in March. They wanted everything to look winterish while still being unusual and elegant I like it when holiday arrangements aren't typical. I thought having more of a winter feel instead of traditional Christmas would be fun. I was really into pussy willows and so everything kind of stemmed from that. Random, I know.

The arrangements were white hydrangea with pussy willows shooting out of it. It's a clean and modern look while still being elegant. The vase is wrapped with fabric and ribbon in white and silvery/gray. Wrapping the vase with an unusual material is one of my favorites. Whether it's filling the vase with pinecones or cranberries or wrapping cinnamon sticks or boxwood around the vase, having a fun container is always a must.

This last picture is of the place setting. I always like to tuck something into the napkin whether it's an herb, flower or memento. It's a nice little surprise when guests sit down at their seats. In this case, there is a stem of pussy willow tucked into the napkin to coordinate with the centerpiece."

photo credit: Jenna Walker Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment