This morning I was determined to put a spin on my typical Saturday frittata. I have also been trying add more sweet potatoes to my diet, so I came up with what turned in to one delicious breakfast - a sweet potato, feta, spinach frittata!
- 1 bag Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small sweet potato cubed
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to a medium broil
- Boil cubed sweet potatos is a small pot of water until fork tender, drain
- Wilt spinach in a non-stick saute pan, squeeze out excess water
- Add whisked eggs to saute pan and turn heat to medium
- Add sweet potatos and feta to egg mixture
- Cook egg mixture for 2 -3 minutes, until bottom of eggs begin to cook
- Place pan in oven, under broiler for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and the top begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and carefully loosen edges with a rubber spatula to transfer to cutting board.
- Cut into desired number of pieces and serve immediately!
The resulting flavor is the perfect mix of savory and sweet!