tearing it up {with Steven Gambrel}

 I have a horrible habit---I rip! I am sure many design enthusiasts carefully cut out, photocopy, dog ear or "post it" the visual bliss of hardcover interior design books. However, I cannot help but hastily tear out the inspiring images from those perfectly bound pages! I just finished Steven Gambrel's book and there is a pile of pages on my floor, which is a huge compliment. I love his style -- it may sound like an odd comparison but it reminds me of a classic martini with a twist. In case you were curious, these images were at the top of my "rip pile". I just adore these cabinets and charming pulls...
This high gloss pocket door and industrial hood...
And an eglomise ceiling? Yes, please!
These are easily some of the most lovely and thoughtful stairways I have seen! 

And for the pure cheekiness of it -- a stag horn fern wall in his outdoor "trophy room"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment