Whiskey Girl {sweet + spicy}

I am through and through a whiskey girl! I don't drink it every night but when I do, I savor each sip and pair it with one of my favorite nibbles, spiced nuts.  After much experimentation I finally concocted a recipe for this cocktail accompaniment that has the perfect balance of heat and sweet.
Just melt a tablespoon of butter in a saucepan, add 1 cup of roasted almonds,  a pinch of cayenne pepper and garlic powder, 1/2  tbsp kosher salt and 1/2  tbsp brown sugar. Heat on medium, while constantly stirring, until the almonds and coated and the skin is beginning to get crisp (about 3 minutes). Serve once they have cooled.
They really are so easy a to make and always a hit at parties.
 And while I am on the topic of whiskey, I just started setting a bar for the holiday season that is solely dedicated to Manhattans...

 And P.S. I made the bar "art" today...was fun and loved the way it turned out but am now completely covered in glitter! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment