mouse morsels {superfoods: kale + quinoa}

I know it has been a while since I last posted.  I keep sitting down to write a new post and it never seems to be quite amazing enough to make up for my blogging absence.  I decided that this stumbling block was just downright silly - I love blogging and there should never be any pressure or stress involved in sharing anything and everything that I personally find lovely, inspiring or that strikes any little ole' chord within me.  So, I am officially back at it from little snippets on products I love to full one inspiration boards. Expect to see be quite a few more epicurean posts, mouse morsels (my nickname is mouse.)  You see, I have a broken foot (LONG story) and not being able to spend my summer galavanting around the mountains, so I have been forced to stay healthy through my food choices. Thankfully, I have found a love of two super foods: quinoa and kale. These are just two of my current staple dishes - both beyond healthy and delicious. First, almond milk (twice as much calcium as cow's milk!) quinoa with raspberries and cinnamon:
It is an amazing breakfast alternative to oatmeal and quite easy to make. I have been making quinoa per the box instructions on Sunday night and then each morning simple combine 1/4 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup quinoa is a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer until almost all the milk is absorbed, serve and top with freshly ground cinnamon and raspberries. For dinner, I am currently obsessed with kale salads - particularly this one:
It is combination of kale, blanched broccoli crowns, one thinly sliced fennel bulb, half of an avocado, lightly toasted pecans and a sprinkle of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.  A homemade mustard vinaigrette is the perfect dressing - simply whisk together a teaspoon of good quality ground dijon mustard, splash of white wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil.  Bon appetit!  I would love any recipes you may currently love that utilize kale or quinoa. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment